I am always on the search of how I can make the process of being on my period a smother
one, I have used several menstrual products and menstrual cups are one of my favorites
because it’s reusable, Eco- friendly and it can hold more blood than any other menstrual
products I have tried.
I received the Intimina Ziggy Cup 2 December last year and it did make an impression, it
was not similar to other menstrual cups I had used in the past. It’s more of a menstrual disc
Intimina is a company based in Sweden, they offer a variety of menstrual cups, Kegel
exercisers, and accessories to improve feminine wellness.
First impressions about the Intimina Ziggy Cup 2
There are two sizes of the Ziggy Cup 2 – size A and size B.
Size A is the best option for ladies with a low cervix and light to medium flow. Size B claims
to hold 76ml and is the best option for ladies that have a high cervix and light to heavier
It comes in pink and white packaging which is made from cartons (Eco friendly on all
counts), when the box is opened, the menstrual cup is fitted in and comes with a pink bag and
a manual on how to use it, how to use is also described on the side of the packaging.
They are both made of reinforced, flexible, 100% medical-grade silicone, and it has a ribbed
tab for easy removal.
My first use of the Ziggy cup 2
I tried the Ziggy Cup 2 B first and I was humbled. So, because I had used menstrual cups in the past I pretty much thought it was going to be the same and didn’t watch the video on how
to use it, I checked the packaging and skimmed through it as well, don’t be like me.
Tried inserting it and it was uncomfortable and won’t sit right.
How to insert the Ziggy Cup 2
- The first thing you want to do is boil the cup in hot water for 5 – 10 minutes. Paying
attention to your hygiene is very important with menstrual products.
- Let the cup return to room temperature
- Wash your hands and relax, when you are tense, your muscles tighten.
- Apply water or water-based lube to the rim of the cup.
- Squeeze the sides of the rim together into an 8 shape.
- Sitting on the toilet is a better way to insert the disc since it means the cervix is in the
proper position for fitting. Then, rather than aiming it back and up towards your tailbone, you
should aim it back and down. When inserted correctly, you won’t leak.
- Wash your Vagina and dry
How to remove the Ziggy Cup 2
- Wash your hands
- Hook your finger on the front rim, and pull it.
- Keep it as horizontal as possible, pour out the content, and wash your cup.
Pros and cons of using the Ziggy Cup 2
- Made for medium to heavy flow, look. If you don’t have heavy period flow, you
might not get it but the babes that get it, get it.
- When worn correctly, it’s undetectable. Like i can forget it in my vagina
- Made with 100% medical grade silicone
- Leak-proof double rim
- Holds up to 8 hours
- Can be used for up to 2 years so it’s eco-friendly.
- There are options for women with a low and high cervix
- Can be tricky to get used to
- It can be messy when removing so you should take a bottle of water if you don’t have
access to a sink to solve that problem, once you get used to it, it’s a life saver.
Final thoughts on the Ziggy Cup 2
I am for reusable menstrual products so I will recommend this menstrual cup, and I should
mention that it’s said that you can use this during sex, I am yet to try it but I’ve heard that it
in fact works amazing for messy free period sex. When I do, I’ll update this article.
If you want to purchase, you can place an order here.
5 Things I Love About Periods
This post was sponsored by Intimina but all thoughts are mine as sponsorships do not affect
Until next time,
Keep being the bad girl that you are.
Pages: 1 2