I hope you have been keeping Safe with the pandemic. Please don’t forget to sanitize your hands and stay at home.
In today’s post. I asked some people for lessons from their past relationships and I plan to make it a thing on the blog.
I hope you would enjoy these lessons and learn from them.
Today, we have Rose, a 21 year old Law student.
Here’s what she shared with me.
In itemizing the lessons from my past relationships, I’ve learned different things from different people. Some might contradict each other and I apply different things to different people.
1. I learned to claim someone as a partner only when they want me as much.
2. There’s nothing wrong with situationships. I can like and enjoy a person without being official.
3. So I’ve learned to stay focused on the important things like schoolwork, money, and God especially when dating people that don’t take these things seriously.
The plan is to influence them because these things can only help their lives but if I’m too scared to tell them because I feel they’d see me as a less fun girl or anything like that, then I’d leave them because they can take me down with them.
4. I learned never to be too open especially at first. So I watch the other person and follow their pace. It’s an emotional protection scheme.
5. I learned that as a young person I don’t mind dating for love and strong emotional connection but I know that my forever must be devoid of these sentiments. I’d rather go for a friend who understands me through and through than a lover who I’m crazy about. If I get both then I’m lucky but that’s not so likely.
6. I learned that I have to be true with my feelings in as much as I don’t want to be too open. If I like someone, I want them to know it because I won’t be showing it as much because I don’t want to be taken for granted.
That brings me to my last point.
7. I’ve learned to cut someone off or call them out for the slightest things that upset me because a foundation of respect is better a future of amendment.
I learned alot from her lessons and the one i agree with the most is the last lesson. The foundation of a relationship is one of the most important things ever. if you let people get away with bullshit, they will think it’s normal.
Learn to practice the art of speaking your mind, you are not doing too much.
So which of her lessons resonated with you the most? want to share some lessons with us? leave a comment and don’t forget to share.